Saturday, June 6, 2009
The end of my vacation back in October did not end as wonderfully as it started with our trip to Vegas.

The Friday before I had to go back to work, we went to a get-together at a friend's house. Around 2 in the morning we decided to be silly and find somewhere to go bowling. As we were driving around, someone ran a red light hitting my poor Toyota Matrix on the passenger side. It knocked us clear across all the lanes of oncoming traffic. The car wound up on the sidewalk about 6 inches away from a light pole. Luckily there was no oncoming traffic at the time so no other cars were damaged.

Thankfully both my friend and I walked away from the accident with nothing but extremely frazzled nerves and lots and lots and lots of bruises!


My poor car that was ALMOST paid off was totalled. With the insurance payoff, I was able to get a great deal on the 2009 version of the same car. I looked and looked and looked and couldn't find anything in my price range that I liked better than the Matrix.
posted by Jessica at 6:28 AM |

3 Comments:

At June 8, 2009 at 2:26 PM, Blogger mexicarol said........
That is NASTY! Ugh! I'm glad you showed us!
 


At June 8, 2009 at 2:29 PM, Blogger mexicarol said........
I was talking about the bruise--not the Matrix--just to clarify...
 


At August 24, 2009 at 6:43 AM, Blogger Asendorf Family of 3 said........
I remember when that happened!! And how shortly after you were feeling a little better we went to the temple and you showed me all the bruised- goodness and I almost passed out! Haha....I'm glad you were ok!!